Application to Enrol in a Victorian Government School

Your child’s right to enrolment

Your child is guaranteed a place at the school they are zoned for, as shown on the Find My School website. This means that if your child lives within the school zone, they must be offered a place when seeking enrolment. To find the school you are zoned for (referred to as your local school) visit

Going to a school outside your zone

You have the choice to seek enrolment at a school that is not your local school. Your child should be offered a place if the school has sufficient accommodation. If the school has limited accommodation, applications are considered using the priority order of placement. The priority order of placement prioritises out-of-zone siblings and then students in order of closeness of their home to the school. In exceptional circumstances, a student may be enrolled in a school based on compassionate grounds. Family and student privacy will be maintained when considering applications on compassionate grounds. To find out more, visit

Student tests and interviews

Enrolment offers are not dependent on a satisfactory report or interview. Student tests or interviews may only occur after an enrolment offer has been accepted.

Students with disability

Every student has the right to attend their local school. Students with disability have the same right to enrol in their local school as students without disability. All schools must make reasonable adjustments so that students with disability can learn and achieve on the same basis as students without disability. You also have the option to seek enrolment for your child at a government specialist school for students with disability.

International students 

Fee-paying international students should apply through the Victorian Student Program at 

Beaumaris Secondary College Enrolment Application Form

Please complete the Enrolment Application Form below (one form per child you wish to enrol) and we will be in touch. If a student is offered a place, a School Enrolment Form, with attached supporting documentation, will need to be completed to finalise enrolment.

Please note the following prior to commencing your application:

  • It is highly recommended that parent/s AND student/s attend a college tour prior to submitting an online Enrolment Application Form – CLICK HERE TO BOOK!
  • This online Enrolment Application Form is for students in Years 8 – 12 (or currently in Year 7 wishing to transfer) – please see YEAR 6 – YEAR 7 TRANSITION if your child is currently in Year 6.
  • You will be prompted to upload:
    • proof of permanent residence (as outlined below) if you live in the school zone.
    • a copy of your child’s most recent school report.
  • Section 3 is to be completed BY THE STUDENT.

To assist Beaumaris Secondary College in assessing your child’s eligibility for enrolment, you will be prompted to upload original or certified copies of:

1. Rental agreements or unconditional contracts of sale


2. A copy of two (2) of the following:

  • electoral enrolment confirmation
  • council rates notices
  • other official documentation that demonstrates permanent residency at that address such as a driver’s license or health care card

Documents should show the same address and parent’s/carer’s name as recorded on the online Enrolment Application Form.

Note: Enrolment applications may not be successful if the requested documentation is not provided.

When assessing enrolment applications, Beaumaris Secondary College may make the following enquiries to verify the information provided about a student’s permanent residence:

  • Checking the electoral roll at an Australian Electoral Commission office or the Victorian Electoral Commission head office
  • Checking with a real estate agent
  • Checking whether the contact landline phone number provided is registered to the residence provided on the enrolment form
  • For a rental property which is a studio apartment or a one bedroom unit, checking whether there are any regulations/codes limiting the occupancy of these apartments to one person per apartment

Note: If, after reasonable enquiries, the Principal does not accept that the address provided on the enrolment application form is the genuine permanent residence of the student, the enrolment application may not be successful.

Step 1 of 3


To be completed by the parent/guardian
e.g. Homeroom Teacher, Year Level Coordinator or Mentor
Click or drag a file to this area to upload.
File types: Images e.g., .png, .gif, .jpg and Documents such as .doc, .xls, .ppt, .pdf

Student's Permanent Residence

Your child's permanent residence is the address where they spend the majority of their days during the school week. If they spend an equal amount of time at two addresses, both are considered their permanent address and your child will be entitled to enrol in the designated neighbourhood school for either address. Please provide proof of permanent residence to the school as part of your application. The school will let you know what proof is required. For more information, please refer to the Residential Address Checklist, available at: When assessing your application, the school may make enquiries to verify the information provided, such as checking the electoral roll at an Australian Electoral Commission office or the Victorian Electoral Commission head office; checking with a real estate agent; or checking whether there are any regulations/codes limiting the occupancy, for example if a rental property is a studio or one bedroom unit.


A sibling is defined broadly and can include step-siblings and students residing together as part of a multiple family cohabitation or out-of-home-care arrangements, including foster care, kinship care and permanent care.